PRICE FROM: 35 euro
DURATION: 12 hours
ROUTE: Sofia – the Bachkovo monastery – Plovdiv – Sofia
INFO: “Ancient and Eternal” Plovdiv is one of the most appealing cities in Bulgaria and the Balkans with its first foundations laid here between 6-8000 years ago thus making it older than Rome or even Beijing. Plovdiv is a great combination of real historical and archaeological treasures with the liveliness of a modern city and great cultural and night life. The most visited and admired is the hilly Old Town, built on three hills called “tepeta”. The maze of cobbled streets which meander the area and contain the cuddled up revival houses with their colorful facades and ornate decoration don’t fail to impress and take you back in time.
The modern part of the city center is built along the main pedestrian street starting at the Central Square (Ploshtad Centralen) and passing along Dzhumaya Dzhamia just next to the Old Town on the west. This long street runs past all kinds of monuments, fountains, the ruins of the Roman stadium, shops, restaurants and coffees all the way to River Maritsa. This is the liveliest part of the city and especially in the evening it seems like the whole population has gathered here, strolling up and down. The streets between the center and the train station are also something not to miss. The buildings here have not been restored as in the Old Town and the architecture is closer to the capitals’ Sofia feel, but they also hold their charm.
This tour operates every day. All vehicles please see here.
For a quote please contact us. We will respond within 2 to 12 hours.
9 am – Pick up from your hotel/address (at the time of booking exact pick up time will be confirmed).
11:30 am – Scheduled time of arrival at the Bachkovo monastery. Your professional tour guide will give you an informative tour of the monastery and its refectory.
12:15 pm– Departure to Plovdiv.
12:45 pm – Lunch
2 pm – Guided sightseeing tour of Plovdiv.
4: 30 pm – End of the tour. Free time.
5 pm – Departure to Sofia.
6:30 – 7 pm – Return to your hotel/address. End of service.
Schedule is subject to change. You can choose your own departure time.
– Explore Plovdiv at your own pace with a professional tour guide speaking your language
– See top attractions like the Bachkovo monastery, the Roman stadium and the Roman theater
– Choose your own departure time
– Have a comfortable transport
– WI-FI on board
– Admission fees at the Roman theater and the Eirene Roman house
– Transport, parking fees, vignette
– Professional English speaking guide. Upon request we provide guides in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese.
– Meals and drinks
– Personal expenses
– Tips and gratuities
– Optional activity costs
This tour can be paid by credit card, paypal, bank transfer or cash upon departure.
Please note paying by credit card will apply a supplementary fee of 2,5% for VISA card and 1% for Master Card. Paying by paypal will apply a supplementary fee of 4% for overseas transactions.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR THIS TOUR:
– 7 days prior to date of activity – Free cancellation
– 4 to 6 days prior to date of activity – 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement)
– 3 days prior to date of activity – 50% Cancellation Fee (50% reimbursement)
– 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement): Less than 2 days before the date of activity.
In case you have chosen mode of payment cash upon departure we cannot charge any cancellation fee in the event of cancellation. However we will rely on your loyalty to pay the cancellation fee in order we cover expenses for guides and vehicles that we will have blocked for your tour.