PRICE FROM: 50 euro
DURATION: 8 hours
ITINERARY: Sofia – Starosel winery – Chateau Copsa – Sofia
INFO: This is a great opportunity to visit two wineries in one day. The tour is aiming to give you information and idea about the wine industry in Bulgaria and to follow its development since the fall of the communism. Today Bulgaria is one of the biggest wine producers in Europe and in the last 10 years many Bulgarian wines won prestigious awards.
The Wine Tour from Sofia operates every day. Plovdiv One Day Tour
For a quote please contact us. We will respond within 2 to 12 hours. Plovdiv One Day Tour
9 am – Pick up from your hotel/address. Departure to the village of Starosel, Starosel Winery.
11 am – Scheduled time of arrival at the winery. Visit the nearby original Thracian tomb dating to the 4th century BC. The main chamber was used by the Thracians for their rituals and today the wine tasting hall in the Startosel winey has the same shape and incredible acoustic. Behind the mound where the tomb was discovered (in 2004) you will see a bath tub that was used to store there wines. You will learn more about the wine production of the Thracians and how old is this tradition in our lands.
11:45 am – Take a tour of the Starosel winery followed by tasting five of their most famous wines.Plovdiv One Day Tour
1 pm – Have lunch in the restaurant if the winery.
2 pm – Departure to Chateau Copsa.
2: 30 pm – Arrive at the winery. Take a tour of its production areas.
2:45 pm – Start the wine tasting. Here you will taste 5 wines.
4 pm – Departure to Sofia.
6 pm – Scheduled time of arrival in your hotel. End of service. vdiv One Day Tour
1 person: 140 euro
2 people: 75 euro pp
3 people: 60 euro pp
4-6 people: 50 euro pp
For more information about prices, booking and payment options please contact us. Plovdiv One Day Tour
- Visit two of the most famous Bulgarian wineries
- Taste some of the most distinguished Bulgarian wines
- Visit the Starosel Thracian tomb (4th century BC)
- Choose your own departure time
- Have a comfortable vehicle. All our vehicles please see here.
- WI-FI on board
- Tasting of 5 wines in each winery
- Lunch in a traditional restaurant in the Starosel Winery
- Admission at the Starosel Thracian Tomb
- Professional English speaking guide. Upon request we provide guides in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese.
- Other Meals and drinks than stated
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Paypal fees, bank fees
This tour can be paid by credit card, paypal, bank transfer or cash upon departure.
Please note paying by credit card will apply a supplementary fee of 2,5% for VISA and Master Card. Paying by paypal will apply a supplementary fee of 4% for overseas transactions.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR THIS TOUR:
– 7 days prior to date of activity – Free cancellation
– 4 to 6 days prior to date of activity – 20% Cancellation Fee (80% reimbursement)
– 3 days prior to date of activity – 50% Cancellation Fee (50% reimbursement)
– 100% cancellation Fee (No reimbursement)
For more One Day Tours from Sofia please see here: One Day Tours from Sofia
For more One Day Wine Tours from Sofia please see here: Wine Tour to the Bessa Valley and Villa Yustina wineries
For Shared Tour to the Rila Monastery please see here: Shared Tour to the Rila monastery